Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May 2020

Week of May 18th
1. Google Meet: 
     We will begin with shout outs for the Classification Project.
     We'll watch a short video on the science of resilience and respond.
video link: https://www.albertafamilywellness.org/resources/video/brains-journey-to-resilience
          Questions: What is resilience? What is toxic stress? Describe ways to increase resilience.
     I'll go over the final project presentation schedule and parameters.
           15 minute max. Google slides with lots of images and few words. Ask me for your date.
     We'll talk about letters of recommendation.
HW: Continue working on Final Biology Project
Quarter 4 Reading Responses due June 1st:  Textbook chapters listed on my website for Q4 and/or biology articles you find (must be approved by teacher in advance... send me links)
Looking ahead: Next week we will write a letter to next year's first year students.
       
Week of May 11th
1. Google Meet: (I will email link morning of meeting. Must log in using Chrome and PPS account) We will check in and choose your topic for your biology final project, as well as your due date.
HW: Find at least 3 resources for use in your project. Submit them to Turnitin.com with a brief description of what information it will provide.
Quarter 4 Reading Responses due June 1st:  Textbook chapters listed on my website for Q4 and/or biology articles you find (must be approved by teacher in advance... send me links)
Week of May 4th
1. Google Meet: (I will email link morning of meeting. Must log in using Chrome and PPS account) We will check in and discuss the Race and Genetics Assignment Pt. 1. We will complete Pt. 2 in small groups during class. I will also ask you to take a survey and introduce next week's assignment.
2. Classification Project Gallery Walk: Find your Period's Classification ppt on my website and complete the Gallery Walk handout. Submit it to Turnitin.com. Also make sure you have submitted your bibliography to Turnitin.com so that I can evaluate your project.
3. Biology Project Survey: take the survey during class. I will email it to you if you don't attend.
HW: Gallery Walk due to Turnitin.com by class week of May 11th.
          Quarter 4 Reading Responses due June 1st.
Looking ahead: Next week we will choose a final project and possibly find a partner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment